What an amazing weekend – the first camp since covid struck. We were blessed with a wonderful weekend of bright weather, beautiful countryside, fantastic camp smells and fun activities.
- The most adventurous Night Hike that we have done in living memory. The trial went cold in the middle of a steep sided stream. We were imagining the headlines “Cubs stranded in ditch 3m from public footpath!” We saw bats, stars and the warming glow of Bristol on the way back
- Pioneering, Rope Making, Countryside Code Learning, Archery and Wide Games filled the afternoon
- Supper was cooked over open fires
- Campfire marshmallows were toasted and a scary story enjoyed
- There was a surprise visit from Sandy the European Kestrel and falconer Tom
- We walked to Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm for a day of fun, mazes and wild creatures